STUFFS that every tired Mom Needs Yesterday
Here’s a tiny exercise for you don’t even have to get up because it’s a mental exercise.
OK, now picture your life without your washer and dryer! Now try envisioning what your life would be like without a bathtub, running water or a toilet, etc. I do this once in a while to remind myself that while life isn’t perfect and I may not have a lot of material things, I am very very thankful for what I do have.
We are (presumably) safe from the elements in our warm house, we’re fed and clothed and we have made a beautiful family. Really, that’s all we need, but there are some things that I’ve acquired over the years that make my life a lot easier and I want to tell you about them today.
We Are Awesome
While reading an article on Motherly about the 40+ jobs that a Mother does, I was thinking about how stinking awesome we are! See, Super Moms! Let’s just celebrate that for a second!!
Just a small fraction of the titles mentioned we’re the chef, cleaning service, life coach, chauffeur and meal planner. All that ass-kicking is draining so it’s no wonder we feel like we just lost to Mike Tyson sometimes.
We Moms tend to push ourselves too hard
We love our children and we want to be the very best for them- maybe give them the life that we never had and sometimes we do more than we really should because we can’t say no. Maybe we feel pressured by someone or we feel compelled to keep up with Super Mom.
Whatever it be, we can push ourselves way too hard trying to do All The Things and end up more useless in the end. This isn’t what we’re going for, so I want to tell you about some helpful things that I’ve found to help you with family time management and save your sanity.
Especially when I was a new Mom, I wanted to be the best Mom in the entire world. I was going to do all the things that “good Moms” do, you know? We went to library story hour, free things happening in our city, I cooked and cleaned and kept the house darn near spotless, We went for walks at the park with the stroller (God I don’t miss that God-forsaken thing) As I had more children, I became very worn out with all of that and realized that I just can’t do it all and I didn’t have to
Neither do you.
Best Products to help you be productive
Let’s start in the kitchen since that’s basically where most of us spend our free time, right?
- Air Fryer– hands down the best non-staple I can recommend for your kitchen. It’s basically hands-free and that’s something I appreciate in this lazy day and age. You just pull the handle to the fryer to pull out the basket, dump your food in and set the timer- Here is a video of how fast it is. The inside needs to be cleaned though, so you’ll just pretend that you saw me add food I almost always use the french fry setting.
- bulk kindle and cellphone chargers.
No joke, I have at least one kid asking for one of these at least a few weeks. I love to keep them in bulk just tucked away in the pantry so that I can just direct them there- I love when they have different colors too, that they aren’t fighting over who’s is who’s.
- Amazon Echo– okay, I’ve written about this in a few of my Christmas gift idea posts and that’s because I love LOVE this thing! I use it to play music while I clean, check the weather, set alarms, reminders, listen to the news, ask general questions like How old is Oprah, etc. I can’t tell you how much I enjoy having this! I also have Alexa save items to my shopping list that saves directly to my phone and even husbands, so that when he or I go shopping, the stuff we need is right there. That feature alone is worth the price to me. This is the one I have, but there are other options as well for the budget conscious- but bear in mind, this one sounds fantastic if the music is important to you.
- kindles for the kids- they are durable, awesome and eep them entertained when you aren’t able to be there 100% emotionally like when you’re cooking, etc.
- Litter Champ – if you have cats.. saves on time and stink and bonus if the kids are currently doing the litter as their chore because now you don’t have to search for Walmart sacks! In My opinion, this is the best cat waste disposal option.
- Best Vacuum for Moms, hands down – I’ve had a lot of vacuums.. a LOOOOT of vacuums over the last 20 years that I’ve been with my husband. The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro is hands down the best vacuum I’ve ever had and I will most likely continue buying them until they quit making them. I’ve got two- one for each level of our home.one of my favorite things about this vacuum isn’t the “liftaway feature” (useless for me) but the fact that the attachments are ON the vacuum- as in you just push a button and the whole handle pops off the base and you’ve got the hose attachment ready to go. I use this every single time I vacuum- pop it off, suck something up and pop it back on to continue with vacuuming. love love love
- Best way to clean the kitchen floors-
this isn’t the steam mop that I had because I broke mine and wouldn’t recommend it but this one gets great reviews and looks pretty darned promising.No matter how you do it, mopping is torturous but someone has to do it & we just happen to be that someone, usually. Steam Mops give me a better clean than anything else and I’ve got some groovy stubborn linoleum in my kitchen that I’d like to challenge to a wrestling match. You won’t regret it.
- Barkeepers friend
Barkeepers Friend spray
Kaboom toilet cleaner my three favorite recommendations for cleaning the house. Barkeepers friend to get your pots and pans sparkling like new, barkeepers friend spray for things like the bathroom walls, the tub, etc. and Kaboom toilet cleaner for the nasty buildup that gets stuck on the toilet bowl if you wait 38 years to clean your toilet as I do.
(slight exaggeration)Ok those are enough for now, but I’ll definitely be coming back to add more- I love sharing treasures that I find with you guys/.
These are a few of my favorite things
This was fun for me and I hope you were able to find something that will help you as much as you did me. If I had to pick my number one favorite item from this list, I’d say the Echo because Alexa is my BFF. <3
What products/items do you love at your house? What makes your heart sing, your life easier or your kids complacent? Let me know in the comments below.